tomcat-users mailing list archives

From ALEX HYDE <alex.h...@btinternet.com>
Subject Re: TOMCAT + DATASOURCE + CONNECTION POOL
Date Mon, 12 Dec 2005 11:30:29 GMT
Hey,

  I think though I'm not 100%....

  When you declare the datasource in web.xml (or is Server.xml?) it  creates a pool factory
for you under the covers (I think using Jakarta  DBCP). When you use JNDI look-up it asks
the factory for a pool. You  are then magically using a pool. You specify the pool details
in the  declaration in web.xml.

  Gluck.

Karthik <karthikn@xius.org> wrote:

Hi

   I have sucessfully created a JDBC connection using DataSource and JNDI on
Tomcat5.x

   Is it necessary for create a Connection POOL using this DataSource based
Jdbc Connnection
   or will the DataSource itself provides the Connection POOL for managing
the JDBC connections
   on startup ,if so what needs to be done to increase the size of the
connection pool size.

with regards
Karthik