tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "mukesh" <muk...@hungama.com>
Subject RE: RE: JSP on apache
Date Wed, 07 Dec 2005 10:31:16 GMT
Hi friends,

      First, thanks to warren.

      In my case workers.properties file is on Tomcat side, not on apache
side. Its in /usr/local/tomcat-5/conf/jk. And I've followed the
instructions.

I am giving my entire configuration

/usr/local/tomcat-5/conf/jk/workers.properties

# Setting Tomcat & Java Home

workers.tomcat_home=/usr/local/tomcat-5

workers.java_home=/usr/local/jdk1.5.0_02

ps=/

worker.list=ajp13

worker.ajp13.port=8009

worker.ajp13.host=localhost

worker.ajp13.type=ajp13

/usr/local/tomcat-5/conf/server.xml

#

#I have added following statements to server.xml at different places

#

<Listener className="org.apache.jk.config.ApacheConfig"
modJk="/usr/local/apache/modules/mod_jk.so"
workersConfig="/usr/local/apache-tomcat-5.5.12/conf/jk/workers.properties"/>

#above line is under <Server port="8005" shutdown="SHUTDOWN">

<Listener className="org.apache.jk.config.ApacheConfig"
modJk="/usr/local/apache/modules/mod_jk.so" />

#above line is under <Engine name="Catalina" defaultHost="localhost">

<Listener className="org.apache.jk.config.ApacheConfig" append="true"
forwardAll="false" modJk="/usr/local/apache/modules/mod_jk.so" />

#

#above line is under       <Host name="localhost" appBase="webapps"
unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true" xmlValidation="false"
xmlNamespaceAware="false">

#

/usr/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf

#added following line at end of this file

Include /usr/local/tomcat-5/conf/jk/mod_jk.conf-auto

Path of mod_jk.so file

APACHE_HOME/modules/mod_jk.so

Please not here, when I generated mod_jk.so by executing following commands

cd CONNECTOR_HOME/jk/native
./buildconf.sh
./configure --with-apxs=/usr/local/apache/bin/apxs
make
make install

then mod_jk.so was not present in CONNECTOR_HOME/jk/native/apache-2.0/
although I copied it from CONNECTOR_HOME/jk/native/apache-1.3/ and put it in
APACHE_HOME/modules/

I am attaching the mod_jk.conf file contents which is being generated by
tomcat web server on /usr/local/tomcat-5/conf/auto path.

Again, I am running Tomcat version 5.5.12, Apache 2, Redhat Linux 7.0 and
mod_jk 1.2.15

Please correct me where I am going wrong.

Regards

Mukesh