tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "mukesh" <>
Subject RE: JSP on apache
Date Tue, 06 Dec 2005 11:49:17 GMT
I have tried all the option given in FAQ But I
could not build the
(renamed as

if I run "make" command then following message appears
make: Nothing to be done for `'.

My installation paths are

Tomcat: /usr/local/apache-tomcat-5.5.12
Apache: /usr/local/apache    (version is 2.0)
JDK: /usr/local/jdk1.5.0_02

Everything is working fine but no success with mod_jk. I must tell that this
is my first experience with apache and tomcat ( mod_jk too).

Please guide me if someone has already done mod_jk installation on Linux. I
am running Redhat 7.0

Please advice.

Mukesh Kumar

-----Original Message-----
From: Tim Funk []
Sent: Friday, December 02, 2005 7:43 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: JSP on apache

Both of those binaries look to be for apache2. My guess is to rename the
version you are using (apache worker vs prefork) to

Place the libexec directory then add the appropriate so load
directives and othr jk config directives. The FAQ should have some links
(some good, some possibly not so good now) to external how-tos.

mukesh wrote:

> Tim,
> 	I have downloaded two files
> 	1)
> 	2)
> 	I have gone through documentation. It says that I need to
> complete the task which I could not find anywhere.
> 	And second documentation say that Tomcat has
> TOMCAT_HOME/native/mod_jk  directory structure but its not true in case of
> Tomcat 5.5.  Do I need to create the directories manually ?
> 	Third, which file I should use and where ?
> 	I have downloaded above file from
> -1.2.14/ .

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: