tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Philipp Schöpf" <Philipp.Scho...@gmx.de>
Subject Question regarding lifetime of JspServletWrapper instances
Date Mon, 05 Dec 2005 19:18:02 GMT
Hi everybody,

I have a question about the references to the JspServletWrapper instances,
which seem to be created for each compiled servlet in tomcat. Can anybody
confirm that these references (I think they are maintained in the
JspRuntimeContext, attribute private Map jsps = Collections.synchronizedMap(
new HashMap()); and JspCompilationContext) are hold forever until the JVM is
restarted? I couldn't
find anything in the code that would speak against my assumption (e.g.
softreferences or s.th. similar).

I am asking because I am currently in a project where we have a somewhat
strange architecture which generates JSP instances for each user even for
same content (e.g. the session-id is part of the jsp instance id). If my
guess is correct and tomcat (Jasper) holds a (strong) reference to each
JspServletWrapper until the JVM exists, we would have a guarantee to run out
of memory in a limited time.

Is there any way to manually remove the references?

Any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Philipp

+++ GMX - die erste Adresse fr Mail, Message, More +++