tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Giuseppe Briotti <>
Subject IllegalStateException after ReDeploy...
Date Thu, 01 Dec 2005 10:37:51 GMT
Hi to all!

We have a JBOSS 3.2.3 + Tomcat 4.1.29 embedded.

Sometimes we need to redeploy an application and, after such redeploy,
a request to a JSP result in an unavailable page error.

It seems related to the fact that, during a redeploy, a user request
for a JSP of the application under deploy, causing a compilation error
regardless if the JSP accessed is to be recompiled or not.

i.e. suppose we have the application myApp with JSP_A and JSP_B.
I made change on JSP_B then perform a redeploy. If nobody access myApp
I find in work folder JSP_A original and JSP_B recompiled and all works
fine. If someone access myApp, regardless JSP_A or JSP_B, while redeployng,
this cause that the subsequent user access cause a IllegalStateException
for each resource (both JSP_A and JSP_B).

This means that a true "hot deploy" in not available? Or maybe there is
some settings to do in .xml files? Any hint?

Giuseppe Briotti

"Alme Sol, curru nitido diem qui
promis et celas aliusque et idem
nasceris, possis nihil urbe Roma