tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Antony GUILLOTEAU <antony.guillot...@systeme-u.fr>
Subject Rép. : RE: Tomcat 5.0.28 : mime type
Date Mon, 21 Nov 2005 15:48:07 GMT
Thanks.

I've found in my registery base on the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\MIME\Database\Content
Type topic all what I nedd (all mime type are specified).

Antony

>>> Chuck.Caldarale@unisys.com 21/11/2005 16:26:47 >>>
> From: Antony GUILLOTEAU [mailto:antony.guilloteau@systeme-u.fr]
> Subject: Tomcat 5.0.28 : mime type
>
> I'm using Tomcat 5.0.28 and when I try to access to word
> documents, excel documents it is interpreted like binary
> stream and not like the correct application (Word, Excel).
>
> I've declared mime-mapping int the conf/web.xml file and in
> the web.xml file of my application.

You shouldn't have to add any mapping for msword (.doc) files - that's
already in conf/web.xml as downloaded.  I added this for .xls:

    <mime-mapping>
        <extension>xls</extension>
        <mime-type>application/msexcel</mime-type>
    </mime-mapping>

restarted Tomcat (5.5.12, in my case), and both IE and Firefox start up
my spreadsheet program (OpenOffice), although IE prompts me to do so.
You should only put the mapping in the one place; don't know what
happens if you update both web.xml files.

- Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.