tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Terry Allen <h...@ozemail.com.au>
Subject Re: New Tomcat install problem
Date Mon, 21 Nov 2005 08:35:37 GMT
>>         at
>>org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt(LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.java:80)
>>         at
>>org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:684)
>

>There can be two causes. Either there is a mismatch in TC and zour
>Servlet version (i.e. you are using TC 4.1 with a Servlet 2.4) or
>you have a Java bytecode mismatch (i.e. you are running on JDK 1.4
>and you compiled your Servlet with JDK 1.5 or you're running TC 5.5).
>
>Nix.
Hi again,
	Thanks for the reply - this is what a few people have said,
but I'm no closer to the answer as yet - Martin's examination of the
logs I emailed may assist.
	However, after updating to the latest Java & resetting the
version by doing a symlink, I now have a partially viewable homepage,
but some images are not viewable, so I'm partially there in any case.
	All the links, such as docs, admin, manager etc... generate
blank pages.
	Just to keep you up to date with where this is at, specs are
as follows:

Mac OSX 10.4.3 'client'
Tomcat 5.5.9 (installed from Tenon's iTools module)
Apache 2.0.54
Apache-Coyote/1.1
java -version
java version "1.5.0_05"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_05-83)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.5.0_05-48, mixed mode, sharing)

	I just reinstalled the iTools module after my changes, which
has had the result of being able to view the Tomcat homepage on my
server.
--

	Bye for now, Terry Allen
hEARd

Postal Address:
	hEARd, 26B Glenning Rd,	Glenning Valley, NSW 2261, Australia
Internet -
	WWW: http://heard.com.au http://itavservices.com
EMAIL: hmag@ozemail.com.au
Phone: Australia - 02 4388 1400 / International - + 61 2 43881400
Mobile: Australia - 04 28881400 / International - 61 4 28881400