tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Johnny Tolliver <...@ornl.gov>
Subject JULI ConsoleHandler custom formatter
Date Wed, 02 Nov 2005 18:12:29 GMT
I use JULI for my servlet logging and am having trouble defining a custom
formatter for console handler output. An excerpt of my logging.properties file
is this:

    handlers=org.apache.juli.FileHandler,java.util.logging.ConsoleHandler
    .level=INFO

    org.apache.juli.FileHandler.formatter = mypackage.MyFormatter
    java.util.logging.ConsoleHandler.formatter = mypackage.MyFormatter

As expected, java.util.logging.Logger output goes to both the console handler
and the file handler, but only the file handler output uses MyFormatter. It
seems that console hanlder output is always formatted with SimpleFormatter no
matter what.

Is that expected behavior? Can it be fixed? Thanks.

Johnny S. Tolliver
Oak Ridge National Laboratory
tolliverjs@ornl.gov, 865-574-1305