tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Bruno Georges <Bruno.Geor...@glencore.com>
Subject Re: Apache filters?
Date Fri, 04 Nov 2005 07:51:15 GMT
Alex
There many approach to this, the first one that come to mind is mod-rewrite parsing the request
and apply some processing if there is a match..
Where do you store credentials? LDAP?
Where is the security boundary in your design?
Hope this helps
Bruno Georges

Glencore International AG
Tel. +41 41 709 3204
Fax +41 41 709 3000

----- Original Message -----
From: ALEX HYDE [alex.hyde@btinternet.com]
Sent: 04.11.2005 00:40
To: users@tomcat.apache.org
Subject: Apache filters?

Hi all,

I am using Tomcat to serve up my image content. I was considering moving this static content
to Apache itself but I'm stuck on how to do dynamic authorisation of a directory in Apache.
In Tomcat I can restrict access to the images directory by adding a filter and in this filter
dynamically checking for a valid security pin in the url. But how would I do such a thing
in Apache? I know Apache can do it based on user or requesting machine but this is more dynamic.

Cheers alot

Alex

LEGAL DISCLAIMER. The contents of this e-mail and any attachments are strictly
confidential and they may not be used or disclosed by someone who is not a
named recipient.
If you have received this email in error please notify the sender by replying
to this email inserting the word "misdirected" as the message and delete this
e-mail from your system.