tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Andy" <a...@fritter.net>
Subject request.getSession(false) incorrectly creates a session
Date Mon, 14 Nov 2005 21:18:01 GMT

Hi,

When I deploy my web app and call request.getSession(false), according to
the
javadoc, if a session does not exist null is returned. However I'm getting
an
object returned when I have not created a session myself.

The object is an instance of this class -

org.apache.catalina.session.StandardSessionFacade

As a result my unit tests, using mock objects, all work fine, but when I
deploy my  application it breaks because a session is created incorrectly,
it seems to me.

I'm using Tomcat 5.5. Anybody care to enlighten me?

Thanks,

Andy.