tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "John MccLain" <jmccl...@tcshealthcare.com>
Subject question about web-inf/lib
Date Thu, 03 Nov 2005 01:02:24 GMT
we currently have 1 project in tomcat webapps dir. We want to add another
project there. The problemn is that we would like to have both projects'
web-inf/lib populated with the same set of libraries (jar files). When we
kick off Tomcat with this configuration,The second context fails to load
because as part of context initialization in both apps, we are using JST.dll
and .jar  - A Registry reading utility; It seems that if context1 loads a
.dll, it cannot be reloaded for context2. We are getting  "Native Library
C:\tomcat\webapps\Acuity\Configuration\jst.dll already loaded in another
classloader"

How can we avoid this?

If we place the .dll and .jar in Tomcat/common/lib, and set our System path
to it,  will this solve the problem?

How

John McClain
Senior Software Engineer
TCS Healthcare
jmcclain@tcshealthcare.com
(530)886-1700x235
"Skepticism is the first step toward truth"