tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Anthony Carlos <anth...@digitalphenom.com>
Subject Re: Connection Pooling filling Temp tablespace
Date Thu, 03 Nov 2005 19:07:50 GMT
Chris:

Well, the Temp tablespace usually is used just for sorting, which are
rather short-lived. So, I can't see why 5GB would fill-up unless you
were absolutely swamped with requests (in which case, you'd be
describing a lot worse problems).

So, the point I'm driving at is that if the rollback segments are
being kept in the Temp tablespace, and some transactions aren't being
committed (or rolled back), then I can see why the Temp tablespace is
filling up.

I'd make sure that there aren't any rollback segments in Temp. If
there are, then you can move them, but that won't solve the problem.
It will just transfer to a different tablespace. Then, find out which
transactions aren't being committed or rolled back correctly.

Hope it helps,

-Anthony

PS: I'm glad you're not on strike.