tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Carl Olivier" <carl.oliv...@unysen.co.uk>
Subject Filters
Date Fri, 25 Nov 2005 14:14:42 GMT
Greetings.

I have a questions regarding Filter servlets.  If a request is made for a
non-existent/non *.jsp or servlet URI - will the Filter be instantiated?
Reason I ask is because I want to interect old bookmarked requests for an
old site - which has been migrated to a new tomcat based JSP site - however
the old site was ASP based.

Many users of the old site would have bookmarked something like:
/index.asp?PageID=16 or something similar - and I am hoping to be able to
intercept that - using a Filter seemed a logical choice - and send back a
redirect to the new URL /some.jsp for those requests.

Thanks in advance,

Carl