tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Peter Crowther" <>
Subject RE: SSL on tomcat + jk2 + apache2 + RedHat
Date Fri, 11 Nov 2005 10:28:44 GMT
> From: Gangaa D []
> So How do I get Trusted Root Certification
> Authorities?

If you have control over all the browsers that will be accessing your
application: put your self-signed certificate into each of their trusted

If you don't have control over some of them: Pay money to an issuer who
*is* in there to issue you a valid certificate, and install that in your
keystore.  I tend to use Thawte, mainly because I know some of the staff
there; I've had good service thus far, but your mileage may vary.  I've
not had to do this on a Tomcat system; check that the issuer will issue
the cert in a format that is appropriate for Tomcat before you pay

		- Peter

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message