tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Peter Crowther" <Peter.Crowt...@melandra.com>
Subject RE: Google Map of active users on this list
Date Fri, 04 Nov 2005 10:33:00 GMT
> From: Allistair Crossley [mailto:Allistair.Crossley@QAS.com]
> yes this is very very cool. i'm in london though - on the map
> i'm in cambridge .. i think are corporate ISP is there though ;)

It appears to be analysing the 'Received from' headers in the email and
finding the one closest to the head of the message with a hostname that
can be resolved to an IP, then using one of the IP range to location
databases - not sure which one - to find a location.  This puts me in
Rochdale, again because our ISP is based there.

		- Peter