tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Rajiv Singla" <rajiv.sin...@infogain.com>
Subject RE: JDBC/MySQL user login goes stale
Date Thu, 01 Dec 2005 05:58:45 GMT
David,

  I was having the same problem.
  autoReconnect=true does not work because it has been deprecated.
  Timeout is due to default setting of 'interactive_timeout' and 'wait_timeout' properties
in config file (my.ini) under MySql server, which is 28800 secs or 8 hours.

I have put the following lines in my config file and now it is working fine.

#The number of seconds the server waits for activity on an interactive connection before closing
it.
interactive_timeout=999999
#The number of seconds the server waits for activity on a connection before closing it
wait_timeout=999999

You can change the timeout values as you may want. Above values are max. values.

Rajiv

-----Original Message-----
From: David W. Brown [mailto:dwbrown@webitplanet.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 29, 2005 1:51 PM
To: users@tomcat.apache.org
Subject: JDBC/MySQL user login goes stale

Hello TC dev and Gurus, I have a webapp comprised of several Servlets and JSP pages. The webapp
is functioning very well but after a few hours of no connections or interaction the TC webapp
loses its connection with the MySQL DB. We are using the server.xml defined JDBC/MySQL security
model using the users and user_roles tables DB structure. The logins work perfectly until
a few hours of (like overnight) in attendance. Even thought the TC Servlet server is still
up and running logins all fail. After restarting TC the login mechanism works perfectly. Particulars
follow. Please advise.

TC Servlet server 5.5.7
MySQL 4.1

OS Windows XP (whistler).