tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Tim Dean <tim.d...@earthlink.net>
Subject Use of JSF view in welcome file list
Date Tue, 08 Nov 2005 05:53:33 GMT
Hello,

I am trying to configure a welcome file list in my Tomcat-deployed
web app so that a Java Server Faces (JSF) view is used as the welcome
file. My web.xml file contains the following:

     <welcome-file-list>
         <welcome-file>main.faces</welcome-file>
     </welcome-file-list>

As well as the following JSF servlet configurations:

     <servlet>
         <servlet-name>FacesServlet</servlet-name>
     </servlet>

     <servlet-mapping>
         <servlet-name>FacesServlet</servlet-name>
         <url-pattern>*.faces</url-pattern>
     </servlet-mapping>

I have been unable to get this working no matter what I have tried.
Whenever I request a directory within the web application's context,
Tomcat shows a directory listing instead of the JSF view I've
identified in the welcome file list.

Can anyone explain why this is not working and, more importantly,
what I must do to use JSF views as my welcome page(s)?

Thanks,

- Tim