tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Klotz Jr, Dennis" <DKl...@empirix.com>
Subject SSO question
Date Thu, 10 Nov 2005 21:08:40 GMT
Short version:

Can a person use LDAP + JAAS (or third party) to inform a LDAP server
when the user logs out?

Long version:

Is it possible using LDAP, whether it is using custom JAAS code or a
third party product such as Vintela's VSJ
(http://www.vintela.com/products/vsj/), to do the following:

"... prevent, control or limit the simultaneous active usage of the same
user id. The number of simultaneous active sessions shall be settable
per user id."

The show stopper for me is whether I can inform the LDAP server when the
user has logged out. The default JNDIRealm does not, to my knowledge,
provide that ability. JNDIRealm is just for authenticating and role
retrieval.

Thanks.

-Dennis