tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "NanFei Wang" <nanfeiw...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: configure Tomcat/5.5.9 By ' set JAVA_OPTS=-Xmx256M '
Date Tue, 15 Nov 2005 05:32:57 GMT
Dear Chuck,
My Java tab contains
-Dcatalina.home=C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 5.5
-Djava.endorsed.dirs=C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat
5.5\common\endorsed
-Djava.io.tmpdir=C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 5.5\temp
-Djava.util.logging.manager=org.apache.juli.ClassLoaderLogManager

I add  -DJAVA_OPTS=-Xmx256M  in another line at the Java Options text area,
But I still get the message as
javax.servlet.ServletException: Java heap space

Would you please show me the right way !

Regards

NanFei

----- Original Message -----
From: "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldarale@unisys.com>
To: "Tomcat Users List" <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, November 15, 2005 12:28 PM
Subject: RE: configure Tomcat/5.5.9 By ' set JAVA_OPTS=-Xmx256M '

> From: NanFei Wang [mailto:nanfeiwang@hotmail.com]
> Subject: configure Tomcat/5.5.9 By ' set JAVA_OPTS=-Xmx256M '
>
> However, for Tomcat/5.5.9, It start by Service automatically
> without a file of startup.bat.

The .exe download does not include the scripts, for no discernable
reason.  However, the scripts are included in the .zip and .tar
downloads, should you want to use them.

If you're running Tomcat as a service, use tomcat5w.exe from the bin
directory to set the various JVM options.  The Java tab contains
specific spots for heap size parameters; others must be entered in the
Java Options text area.

 - Chuck