tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Arlene Milgram" <>
Subject RE: Tomcat 5.5.12 Refresh/Cache problem
Date Tue, 01 Nov 2005 13:19:43 GMT

  /** Turn on caching:  expire in one hour
   * @param response The Http Response.
  public static void setHeadersCacheOn( HttpServletResponse response ){
    java.util.Calendar expireDate = java.util.Calendar.getInstance();
    expireDate.add(java.util.Calendar.SECOND, 30 );
    response.setDateHeader("Expires", expireDate.getTime().getTime());

-----Original Message-----
From: Samit Paul []
Sent: Monday, October 31, 2005 8:17 PM
Subject: Tomcat 5.5.12 Refresh/Cache problem

Can somebody tell me what configuration parameter I need to set to get
of page not refreshing.
I have a png image a.png . When I browse from IE it shows me the image
properly. Now I put a different image but with the same name a.png.
Event if I press the browser refresh button , it still does not refresh
image. It will only display the new image if I take a new browser. I
this has to do with the Caching but I'm not sure where to look for. Any
would be appreciated.
Samit Paul

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: