tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Web-application and Tomcat icon
Date Tue, 29 Nov 2005 06:02:07 GMT
> From: Anto Paul [mailto:antopaul@gmail.com]
> Subject: Re: Web-application and Tomcat icon
>
> On 11/29/05, Aladin Alaily <tomcat@aladin.ca> wrote:
> >
> > I would like to know how I can replace that icon with my own... or
> > better yet, no put any icon at all.
>
> The icon displayed on the browser is favicon.ico that is in ROOT. You
> can replace it with your own icon.

This is browser cuteness.  If you run a packet trace [I'm doing almost
anything tonight to avoid writing documentation], you'll see something
like:
	GET /favicon.ico HTTP/1.1\r\n
coming from the browser near the end of a page load (at least with
Firefox).  Besides replacing favicon.ico, you can also just delete it
without harm other than having Firefox show a blank page icon instead.
IE, of course, won't show anything other than its own logo, AFAIK.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.