tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: configure Tomcat/5.5.9 By ' set JAVA_OPTS=-Xmx256M '
Date Tue, 15 Nov 2005 05:48:59 GMT
> From: NanFei Wang [mailto:nanfeiwang@hotmail.com]
> Subject: Re: configure Tomcat/5.5.9 By ' set JAVA_OPTS=-Xmx256M '
>
> I add  -DJAVA_OPTS=-Xmx256M  in another line at the Java
> Options text area,

(I don't have 5.5.9 installed anymore, just 5.5.12, so I can't see
what's on the 5.5.9 Java tab for myself.)

The -D options are only for setting Java system properties.  JAVA_OPTS
is an environment variable, not a JVM command line parameter, and is
used only to communicate the desired values to the startup scripts.  Use
just -Xmx256m, which is the actual command line parameter.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.