tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Anto Paul <antop...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat 5.0.27 >> java.net.SocketException: Software caused connection abort: recv failed
Date Wed, 30 Nov 2005 04:08:48 GMT
On 11/29/05, Rajiv Singla <rajiv.singla@infogain.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was already using 'autoReconnect=true' option.
> But after going through MySql website, I found that it has been deprecated and in order
to use 'autoReconnect' option you now need to use 'enableDeprecatedAutoreconnect=true'.

> I am trying this option for now, if it doesn't work then maybe I'll have to find another
solution.

Read the thread posted on the same day "JDBC/MySQL user login goes stale".

for a long time(7-8 hours or overnight) and then someone tries to login, the application does
not allow the user to login and throws exceptions.
> >>When I restart the MySql server, the problem still remains but if I restart the
Tomcat server, it works fine.

> >>Could someone tell me what is the problem with the servers and how it could be
rectified?

> >>Here is the full stack trace of errors I get :
> >>
> >>STACKTRACE:
> >>
> >>java.net.SocketException: Software caused connection abort: recv failed
> >>at java.net.SocketInputStream.socketRead0(Native Method)
> >>at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:129)
> >>at java.io.BufferedInputStream.fill(BufferedInputStream.java:183)
> >>at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read1(BufferedInputStream.java:222)
> >>at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read(BufferedInputStream.java:277)
> >>at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.readFully(MysqlIO.java:1316)
> >>at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.reuseAndReadPacket(MysqlIO.java:1463)
> >>at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.checkErrorPacket(MysqlIO.java:1854)
> >>at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.sendCommand(MysqlIO.java:1109)
> >>at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.sqlQueryDirect(MysqlIO.java:1203)
> >>at com.mysql.jdbc.Connection.execSQL(Connection.java:2090)
> >>at com.mysql.jdbc.PreparedStatement.executeQuery(PreparedStatement.java:1496)

rgds
Anto Paul