tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Werner van Mook <wer...@connecties.com>
Subject Re: reading file in ServletContextListener
Date Sun, 27 Nov 2005 22:32:14 GMT
To make it more clear of what I try to do here is the complete method
in which I try to read a file.

     private void list() throws Exception {
         XMLReader parser = XMLReaderFactory.createXMLReader(
                 "org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser");
         parser.setContentHandler(new PeopleHandler());
         parser.parse("/WEB-INF/friends.xml");
     }

This parse method want an InputSource. Sorry Wendy it didn't work.
I tried filling in a fully qualified URI. It completely stops tomcat
from starting.
The URI is to a file in the webapp which is trying to start.

And see there we have a chicken and egg problem.
The web app needs the file to start.
The file is not there if there is no web app.