tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Steven Nakhla <>
Subject Load class from different web app
Date Fri, 04 Nov 2005 01:09:26 GMT
I'm writing a web application (a portal app, to be specific) that needs to
be able to load a class (using Class.forName(...)) that was deployed in a
different web application from the one I am developing. I've deployed the
target web app containing the class I want to load, but whenever I call
Class.forName(), I get a "java.lang.ClassNotFoundException". Is there
anything special I need to do if I want to load this class? It appears it is
a classloader issue, but I don't know enough to determine what the problem
is. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Steve Nakhla