tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Lists <li...@savard.us>
Subject Re: JDBC/MySQL user login goes stale
Date Tue, 29 Nov 2005 10:50:31 GMT
This is an interesting problem.   But first try setting
autoReconnect=true in your connections string.

If you continue to experience a timeout..  Check the logs, and see
what specifically is happening.  You may be experiencing an
exhaustion of connections not being released properly.

If it is a true timeout and autoReconnect does not solve it... try
writing a  heart beat (1/hour) to test if this keeps it up and running.

Be cognizant of connections NOT being returned back to the pool by a
proper close.  Which does not mean that you're not closing correctly
from your code, you maybe experiencing a close issue with JDBC.  So,
the version of JDBC is certainly another item to check. :-)

Hope that helps!
jes