tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mike <Tom...@canam.com>
Subject File Download not working for anchor tags
Date Wed, 30 Nov 2005 21:32:42 GMT
Hello,

   I'm reposting this error for hopefully more help.  I wrote before that I
encountered a bug with the 4.1.31 version of Tomcat. When I use an anchor
tag for a file, and I click on the link, it does not show the
file download message "Do you want to open or save this file?" with the open
and save options. Instead, it displays the file in the browser.   It use to
work in Tomcat 4.1.18.  I've tried setting the "Confirm open after
download" check box for file types, writing the response.contentType and
response.header in the downloaded file, and I tried valves in the
server.xml file for different authenticators to no avail.   I even copied
the 4.1.18 Tomcat server.xml file I use to have into the Tomcat 4.1.31
version, and it still doesn't work.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

   Mike