tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mike <Tom...@canam.com>
Subject Re: File Download not working for anchor tags
Date Tue, 29 Nov 2005 16:09:03 GMT

   I tried that setContentType and fileInputStream solution, but ran into
two problems.  First, when I download an Excel file and load the downloaded
file in Excel, it doesn't load in properly.  I'm guessing there's some data
transfer problem.  Second, the first time I try to download, IE blocks the
download.  If I download it a second time, it seems to work.

   A solution with the anchor tag would work the best if possible because
the data is good, and the download is fast.

   Mike