tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mike <Tom...@canam.com>
Subject File Download not working for anchor tags
Date Tue, 29 Nov 2005 14:59:27 GMT
Hello,

I've encountered a bug with the 4.1.31 version of Tomcat. Apparently, when
I use an anchor tag for a file, and I click on the link, it does not show the
file download message "Do you want to open or save this file?" with the open
and save options. Instead, it displays the file in the browser. I know you
could normally save this information from the browser to a file, but I need it
to show the download message because it's easier for users to save their
file. I'm using Internet Explorer version 6, SP2. I've also tried setting
the "Confirm open after download" check box for file types to no avail. It
use to work in Tomcat 4.1.18.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

   Mike