tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Allistair Crossley" <Allistair.Cross...@QAS.com>
Subject RE: Singleton memory leak after redeploying.
Date Tue, 29 Nov 2005 15:54:52 GMT
I disagree, only the most trivial webapp needs one logger. A web
application consisting of a large number of subsystems, potentially
managed/analysed by different teams should be logged to different
locations. Effective debugging will come down to a well organised
logging structure.

-----Original Message-----
From: Lionel Farbos [mailto:lionel.farbos@free.fr]
Sent: 29 November 2005 15:50
To: Tomcat Users List
Cc: mikolajr@becomo.com
Subject: Re: Singleton memory leak after redeploying.

On Tue, 29 Nov 2005 09:31:28 +0100
Mikolaj Rydzewski <mikolajr@becomo.com> wrote:

> Lionel Farbos wrote:
>
> >Notes :
> >- Perhaps your Listener will have to delete other objets like SQL
drivers, commons logger, ...
> >- see also :
> >http://opensource2.atlassian.com/confluence/spring/pages/viewpage.act
> >ion?pageId=2669
> >

> Does log4j have some nice method to free all Logger objects? It seems
> like a nightmare to free Loggers from all of my classes by hand...

I think it's not a good idea to have a lot of logger objects in a webapp
:
In a webapp, you need only one logger.

Then, on the last servlet destroy, you can freed your logger with
logger=null; I think no other method is needed.

Regards.

QAS Ltd.
Registered in England: No 2582055
Registered in Australia: No 082 851 474