tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Len Popp <len.p...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: request.getSession(false) incorrectly creates a session
Date Tue, 15 Nov 2005 04:15:35 GMT
I have observed that request.getSession(false) returns null when it's
called from the top of my servlet in the first request from a client,
but when the servlet forwards the request to a JSP page (via
RequestDispatcher.forward) the session gets created. The session is
not explicitly created by anything in the JSP page but something is
doing it. That's as far as I've got - I haven't dug into the Tomcat
code.
--
Len