tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Tim Funk <funk...@joedog.org>
Subject Re: Java client does not re-use TCP/IP connections.
Date Wed, 30 Nov 2005 11:35:33 GMT
This has nothing to do with tomcat. Please use the appropriate list.

-Tim

Magyar, Bence wrote:
> Sorry,
>   I'm quite new with all of this.  I've created a java client to my tomcat web service
using the Java2WSDL2 utility and WSDL2Java utility.  Correct me if I'm wrong, I believe this
is called the "stub" client model.  At any rate, my main() function in my client looks like:

>   // get the web service...
>    service = new WSDefinitionServiceLocator();
>
>    // Now use the service to get a stub to the service
>    ws = service.getMyWebService();
>
>    Stub s = (Stub) ws;
>    s.setMaintainSession(true);
>
>   After this is set up, I can correctly call methods on my service such as
>
>   ws.Method1();
>   ws.Method2();
>
>   For each one of these invocations, my client creates a new TCP/IP connection to the
service instead of reusing the existing one.  Am I missing some critical parameter