tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Wall <>
Subject Re: SSL Certificate Beginner Question
Date Wed, 30 Nov 2005 04:25:10 GMT

>     <-- Define a SSL Coyote HTTP/1.1 Connector on port 8443 -->
>           port="8443" minProcessors="5" maxProcessors="75"
>           enableLookups="true" disableUploadTimeout="true"
>           acceptCount="100" debug="0" scheme="https" secure="true";
>           clientAuth="false" sslProtocol="TLS"/>
You probably want to add the following attributes to the Connector above:

keystoreFile="keys/tomcatkeys" keystorePass="123"

Obviously, make the keystoreFile point to the name of the Java keystore
that you put your certificate inside, along with the password for that
keystore.  I believe the base is $CATALINA_HOME if you use a relative
pathname like above.

You'll also need to update your webapp's web.xml file with something
like (that is, if you want Tomcat to enforce SSL on your webapp):

(after any servlet-mapping XML elements, before the session-config
and/or welcome-file-list XML elements of web-app element in WEB-INF/web.xml)

    <web-resource-name>Entire site</web-resource-name>

Hope that helps...

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message