tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jon Wingfield <jon.wingfi...@mkodo.com>
Subject Re: JDBC/MySQL user login goes stale
Date Tue, 29 Nov 2005 12:24:27 GMT
Also be aware that autoReconnect=true only works (according to the mysql
docs) for Connections with autocommit set to true.

If you are using a connection pool make sure it checks the validity of
Connections every so often. This is configurable for DBCP:
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/dbcp/configuration.html

If you aren't using a pool then implement some sort of heart beat code
as the previous poster suggested.

HTH,

Jon