tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Tim Funk <>
Subject Re: Tomcat 5.0.27 >> Software caused connection abort: recv failed
Date Tue, 29 Nov 2005 11:53:45 GMT
Not a tomcat issue. Its a mysql driver issue. IIRC - there is an
autoreconnect option for the mysql driver.

Rajiv Singla wrote:

>>I am working on a web application which uses Tomcat-5.0.27 as Application server and
MySql 4.1 as DB server.
>>The application uses Struts 1.1 and Hibernate 3.0 frameworks.
>>I am facing a problem with the application. If the servers are kept running idle for
a long time(7-8 hours or overnight) and then someone tries to login, the application does
not allow the user to login and throws exceptions.
>>When I restart the MySql server, the problem still remains but if I restart the Tomcat
server, it works fine.
>>Could someone tell me what is the problem with the servers and how it could be rectified?

>>Here is the full stack trace of errors I get :
>> Software caused connection abort: recv failed
>>at Method)
>>at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.readFully(
>>at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.reuseAndReadPacket(
>>at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.checkErrorPacket(
>>at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.sendCommand(
>>at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.sqlQueryDirect(
>>at com.mysql.jdbc.Connection.execSQL(
>>at com.mysql.jdbc.PreparedStatement.executeQuery(

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message