tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Reynir Hubner <>
Subject Re: Filters
Date Fri, 25 Nov 2005 14:23:06 GMT

Sure, you can map your filter on to /* or something like that. That way
you can intercept any URL you like and either rewrite, or redirect.
It doesn't matter if your URL reads /something/something/default.asp or
not, if you know how to handle that url from your filter (usually done
by reading config from file or database). If you are using mod_jk then
you might have to change your mapping in to tomcat.

I've been implementing this by using filters for a long time, never had
problems with it.

hope it helps
- -reynir