tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "PHIL CAVAZOS" <PHIL.CAVA...@salemhospital.org>
Subject RE: Grabbing JNDIRealm Authentication Roles
Date Fri, 18 Nov 2005 23:40:23 GMT
Thanks, you're right. I tried this earlier, but it didn't work because I hadn't provided the
complete LDAP role name. It needs to match exactly what the role name is in the context.xml
file.

Confidentiality Notice: The information contained in this email and any attachments may be
legally privileged and confidential. If you are not an intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this email is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender and permanently delete
the email and any attachments immediately. You should not retain, copy, or use this email
or any attachment for any purpose; nor disclose all or any part of the contents to any other
person.

>>> NDuan@mcdonaldbradley.com 11/18/2005 1:16:35 pm >>>
I think the standard way for including role in your programming logic
(e.g. if user is of role manager, dispatch the manager.jsp; if user is
an employee, dispatch the employee.jsp, etc), is to use the isUserInRole
method of HttpServletRequest.  This solution doesn't depend on which
realm you are using in your server.

ND

-----Original Message-----
From: PHIL CAVAZOS [mailto:PHIL.CAVAZOS@salemhospital.org]
Sent: Friday, November 18, 2005 3:54 PM
To: users@tomcat.apache.org
Subject: Grabbing JNDIRealm Authentication Roles

Does anyone know how to grab user roles from the JNDIRealm
authentication classes once a user logs in to a servlet context? I'm
attempting to dynamically present content based on the user roles the
user authenticates with. Another way to put my question is if there is a
way to grab the LDAP authentication instance and make use of it to read
the user roles without having to create a new LDAP instance?

Thanks,
Phil