tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Rob Hills" <...@netpaver.com.au>
Subject Re: Re: can't get #include to work
Date Thu, 17 Nov 2005 15:43:43 GMT
Hi,

On 17 Nov 2005 at 10:27, gbaynham@cox.net wrote:

> yes, and uncommented the lines in web.xml for both the servlet
> definition and the mappings.
>
> still don't get anything back from the SSI scripts.

Which version of Tomcat are you are using?  If 5.5.x, are you using the
Filter or the Servlet?  We selected the Filter and found it wasn't working
at first - kept getting "class not found" exceptions in the log.  Then I
discovered that the org.apache.catalina.ssi.SSIFilter wasn't in the
servlets-ssi.jar file in the version of Tomcat we were running (from
memory 5.5.9).  Upgraded to 5.5.12 and found it all worked perfectly.

Are you seeing anything in the logs?

> > From: "Rob Hills" <rob@netpaver.com.au>
> > Date: 2005/11/17 Thu AM 12:03:04 EST
> > To: <gbaynham@cox.net>
> > Subject: Re: can't get #include to work
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > On 16 Nov 2005 at 21:54, gbaynham@cox.net wrote:
> >
> > > Thanks Mark,  I made the changes to the conf/web.xml.  after doing
> > > that, however, I still can't get any of the SSI scripts to run.
> > >
> > > any other help would be appreciated.
> >
> > Did you remember to rename
> > $TOMCAT_HOME/server/lib/servlets-ssi.renametojar
> >
> > and then restart Tomcat?

Rob Hills
NetPaver Pty Ltd
Western Australia