tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Oliver Schoenwald <oliver.schoenw...@FernUni-Hagen.de>
Subject How to add client certificate to use in Servlets
Date Wed, 16 Nov 2005 15:33:03 GMT
Hello,

I'm using Tomcat 5.5.4 and have implemented a webapplication that
connects to other
servers to look for the existence of certain URLs and to load soap-data
using the Jakarta Axis-Library.
Now there is a remote server reachable via an https-adress, and that
server should accept client
certificate-based authentication. And here is where I'm lost for now. I
have a client certificate in
pem-format (but I can have any other format, too, if I need).

So far I only found information about how to add server certificates to
a keystore-file and how
to set tomcat to use that file for its own https-connector.

Question: How do I tell Tomcat to use that client certificate when a
servlet connects to that
remote server? What format should the client certificate have?

Thank you in advance,

Oliver Schoenwald
University of Hagen