tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <>
Subject Re: Tomcat 5.5 and Logging - any plain english instructions anywhere?
Date Wed, 16 Nov 2005 13:41:58 GMT
Larry Isaacs wrote:

> You mention Eclipse.  Are you using a version of WebTools?

No (or not that I am aware of). Tomcat is launched using the Sysdeo plugin.

> Assuming you are, be aware that the launch configuration
> created for Tomcat v5.5.x is missing the JVM argument:
> -Djava.util.logging.manager=org.apache.juli.ClassLoaderLogManager
> that you would normally get from Tomcat 5.5's startup batch
> scripts.  Adding this argument manually would likely make the
> logging reappear.  HTH.

I added the parameter to the sysdeo config, and now the logs are
displaying in red (no idea why).

Still not the slightest word from the web application itself, all I get
is tomcat's general systems logging messages, nothing else.

View raw message