tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: mod_jk bug serving up flash on non 2003 servers?
Date Tue, 15 Nov 2005 23:09:35 GMT
dhay@lexmark.com wrote:
> Hi Mark,
>
> Yes, as I mentioned, we can access "non-swf files without a problem".  We
> have exactly the same setup, I believe, for 2003 Server and XP Sp2 - it
> runs from the same installer, which has no checking to distinguish between
> the two.
>
> We also have Apache talking to Tomcat via mod_jk quite happily, except for
> swf files.  Can you verify that you can access swf files on your setup?
>
> I believe we work fine with XP sp1.
>
> Anything else I can check, or info I can provide?  How can I do any kind of
> debugging?
>
> cheers,
>
> David
> x54680

Hmmm. Using an installer should eliminate the config issues. It is
also odd that it works for all files apart from swf ones.

I have tested the following combination and it works quite happily:
Win XP SP2, fully patched
Apache 2.0.54
mod_jk 1.2.14
TC5.5.HEAD
Firefox client and IE6 client

Using the latest TC5 code from SVN shouldn't make any difference. The
important thing is it proves it can work on XP SP2.

My best guess right is soemthing at the OS level. The firewall springs
to mind but I can't see how.

One suggestion would be to try telneting to your two servers and
compare the headers to see what might be different.

Another thing to check is can you access the swf file on XP if you
connect directly to Tomcat?

The only thing I am sure of right now is that this is some form of
configuration issue.

Mark