tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Jarrod Holder" <jhol...@catoosa.k12.ga.us>
Subject Re: How to disable Tomcat Admin directory
Date Wed, 16 Nov 2005 00:09:42 GMT
Mark,

I found and deleted the admin folder you mentioned.  However, I'm still
not getting the "real" admin folder on my web server.  Tomcat is still
responding but with a "404 - The requested resource (/admin/) is not
available.

I even tried killing the entire webapps\ROOT folder, but that didn't
help either.

Thanks again for your help on this.

>>> markt@apache.org  >>>
Jarrod Holder wrote:
> Mark,
>
> The \conf\catalina\localhost directory is empty and there isn't an
admin folder at \server\webapps.

> The admin interface is not installed, I'm only trying to get Tomcat to
stop responding when I hit the WEB_ROOT/admin folder from a web browser.
 The reason being Tomcat is keeping users from getting to the real
/admin folder on our server.

Just found this. Whilst looking at something else entirely. Does the
following file exist? If so delete it.

\webapps\ROOT\admin

Mark