tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Benjamin Slade <...@benslade.com>
Subject Re: Pointers on setting up Tomcat 5.5x w/MySQL on OS X?
Date Sat, 12 Nov 2005 22:29:51 GMT
After much gnashing of teeth I figured out that I wanted to add database
connection "resource" information inside a <context> element in a
META-INF/context.xml file under the web application directory.    Yes
there are other ways to do it, but this seems like a good mainstream style.

It's too bad the MySQL Connector/J and Tomcat web page (
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/cj-tomcat-config.html ) wasn't
more newbie friendly.

You can see my detailed tutorial/writeup at:

http://www.benslade.com/projects/java/tomcat/InstallingJavaTomcatMySQLOnMacOSX/

All feedback/corrections on the above web page are appreciated.

Ben Slade