tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Brian Moseley <...@maz.org>
Subject Re: disabling sessions in certain parts of a webapp
Date Wed, 09 Nov 2005 19:24:17 GMT
Frank W. Zammetti wrote:
> I can't think of any drawbacks to the filter, and tha's what I would have
> suggested.  Although, it probably doesn't even have to be as complicated
> as a wrapper... simply check for an existing session for the paths you do
> want a session created for, and if none is present go ahead and create it.
>  I *think* that would do the trick.

well, i'm concerned about code executing further down the filter chain
that calls request.getSession(). i don't own all of the code that i'm
running :)

that's why i thought of the wrapper. i can intercept calls to
getSession() and always return null for the requests that should never
get sessions, letting the calls through for the requests to the html ui.

thanks for the feedback!