tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Peter Menzel <peter.men...@imise.uni-leipzig.de>
Subject Re: j_security_check event?=20
Date Tue, 08 Nov 2005 15:38:29 GMT
yel@directbox.com schrieb:
> Hi everyone,
>
> first of all i would like to thanks you guys out there who help me me the last week with
my issue on the freenode #tomcat channel!

> well im now having a bit complicated issue (for me at least) what i'am trying to do is:
> when a user log in forma based authentication i want to perform a request and see if
the authentication was succeessfull or not
> if the authentification was okay so i want to submite some cookies and some data into
the users session, if the authentication was not successfull so i will redirect the user either
to an error page or back to the login page

> so my aim is to know if there is a way /  a solution/ a kind of a listner  or a manner
that i can use/ask  to request this event so that i can set my cookies and session data since
im trying to achieve a singel sign on it is important for me to get this kind of cookies for
only authenticated users

The only way I see, is to write your own Authenticator, e.g. a subclass
of FormAuthenticator.
It worked for me, implementing the cookie single sign on.

Peter