tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Smith <d...@cornell.edu>
Subject Re: j_security_check event?=20
Date Tue, 08 Nov 2005 15:35:11 GMT
You could just have a filter watch request.getRemoteUser().  When it
returns a not empty string, check for the other stuff (cookies, session
info, etc., ...) and add as necessary.

--David

yel@directbox.com wrote:

>Hi everyone,
>
>first of all i would like to thanks you guys out there who help me me the last week with
my issue on the freenode #tomcat channel!

>well im now having a bit complicated issue (for me at least) what i'am trying to do is:
>when a user log in forma based authentication i want to perform a request and see if the
authentication was succeessfull or not
>if the authentification was okay so i want to submite some cookies and some data into
the users session, if the authentication was not successfull so i will redirect the user either
to an error page or back to the login page

>so my aim is to know if there is a way /  a solution/ a kind of a listner  or a manner
that i can use/ask  to request this event so that i can set my cookies and session data since
im trying to achieve a singel sign on it is important for me to get this kind of cookies for
only authenticated users