tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "PHIL CAVAZOS" <PHIL.CAVA...@salemhospital.org>
Subject Re: Config problem: AAA and LDAP
Date Tue, 08 Nov 2005 21:44:41 GMT
what ldap server are you trying to connect to? Active Directory, eDirectory, or OpenLDAP

>>> minfrin@sharp.fm 11/8/2005 1:20:00 pm >>>
Hi all,

I have just created a simple webapp hosted with Tomcat v5.0.28, and I
want to add container managed security against an LDAP server.

Following the Tomcat instructions for adding a realm against JNDI does
not seem to have had any effect: Attempts to access the webapp are
always successful, no username or password is asked for at all.

The realm is added within the <Context> tag, and is defined like this:

<Realm   className="org.apache.catalina.realm.JNDIRealm" debug="99"
     connectionURL="ldap://localhost:389"
     connectionName="cn=Mail,dc=yyy"
     connectionPassword="zzz"
     userPattern="uid={0},ou=People,ou=Testing,yyy"
     roleBase="ou=Groups,ou=Testing,yyy"
     roleName="cn"
     roleSearch="(uniqueMember={0})"
/>

The file jndi-ldap.jar was copied into the server/lib directory, and the
logfile includes this single line about LDAP:

2005-11-08 22:41:58 JNDIRealm[/julia]: Connecting to URL
ldap://localhost:389

I am using JDK v1.5.0_05 from Sun which I notice does not contain any
specific jndi-ldap.jar file anywhere in the distro.

Does Tomcat v5.0.28 work with JDK v1.5?

Can anyone point out what I might be doing wrong? The instructions are
pretty straightforward, but the AAA just "doesn't work", I am at a loss
as to what is wrong.

Regards,
Graham