tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "PHIL CAVAZOS" <PHIL.CAVA...@salemhospital.org>
Subject Re: response.sendError
Date Fri, 04 Nov 2005 23:26:10 GMT
It turns out that I was issuing the sendError without immediately returning. After reading
the documentation it states that no more output should be sent after calling this method.
My code was continuing with output that was causing the ISE. Thanks for the response.

>>> markt@apache.org 11/4/2005 2:49:10 pm >>>
A guess without seeing the stack trace but I suspect that some of your
response has been committed before you issue the redirect. This will
cause an ISE to be thrown. See SRV.15.5

Mark

PHIL CAVAZOS wrote:
> Anyone run across this before?
>
> I created a servlet which has JDBC calls in it. As part of error catching, I have a response.sendError
called if there is no data returned from a table call. I input to the sendError method the
value of 700 (my custom error number) and a test message. I have a custome error page created
to output a customized error message for this 700 error code. It was working fine in a web
app, but when I switched it to a production app, I got an internal server error. The logs
showed an IllegalStateException was created. Any ideas?