tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Steve Dodge <>
Subject Re: jboss/tomcat on linux: request times out for client over VPN
Date Fri, 04 Nov 2005 15:17:07 GMT
It depends on how your VPN is setup.  I know my company starts
throttling back my bandwidth when I try to transfer a file greater than
2 meg.  The first 2 megs go through ok, but they tar-pit me after that
so the remaining transfer can take forever.

faria hassan wrote:

>I'm running jboss3.2.5/tomcat5 on linux 2.6.9-1.667, with default
>configurations. When clients request web pages (static HTML) normally
>(without being behind a proxy), there's no problem. If the request is made
>over VPN, it times out. I have tried with small files (<4k) and very simple
>HTML (no CSS or JS links) and that works fine. However, anything bigger
>(like 40k gif) times out.
> Any suggestions?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: