tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Tim Funk <funk...@joedog.org>
Subject Re: Apache filters?
Date Fri, 04 Nov 2005 01:03:08 GMT
Unless you use a 3rd party authorization package which has a tomcat and
apache plugin - your out of luck

-Tim

ALEX HYDE wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am using Tomcat to serve up my image content. I was considering moving this static
content to Apache itself but I'm stuck on how to do dynamic authorisation of a directory in
Apache. In Tomcat I can restrict access to the images directory by adding a filter and in
this filter dynamically checking for a valid security pin in the url. But how would I do such
a thing in Apache? I know Apache can do it based on user or requesting machine but this is
more dynamic.